Original topic:

Please Enable Wifi 7 on the Fold 5 and S23 (Yes the hardware is there)

(Topic created: yesterday)
MadHatter01
Galaxy
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
The Fold 5 comes with the Qualcomm Fastconnect 7800. As per Samsung and Qualcomm the Fold 5's hardware supports Wifi 7. Please Enable it since Wifi 7 is now certified.

I have an Asus Wifi 7 router and would like to be able to use it. Also EVERYONE here is having issues with the 6ghz band. I have to be 5-10 feet in front of the router, disable wifi multiple times to get 6E to show and connect. Before you ask I have the 6ghz issue at work and a regular Wifi 6E router at home for testing. It still won't connect to 6ghz. I have factory reset, you name it, Wifi sucks on this phone. Hopefully newer Wifi 7 drivers fix it. Thanks.

Proof of Wifi 7

23 Replies
speedy09
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I still have my Note 2 and it works perfect and I do not have their OS on it and as soon as I get time I'm going to look for a different OS to put on my phone to see if it works see if I can work with Qualcomm and get to updated software to re-enable Wi-Fi 7 on my phone since they was the idiots who disabled it with an update and that's what I paid for cuz I'm in Communications and I need Wi-Fi 7 for testing purposes that's the only reason why I got this phone and now there's no way for me to test so this phone's pretty much useless
0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Some changes coming with ui7
0 Likes
BayouBoy3
Galaxy
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I know what your talking about with the s21 ultra, that sucker was beefed up. As far as wifi 7..... What's the software your speaking about to enable it. Can I do it on the s23 ultra?
0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Android 15 or ui7 has the wifi 7 not sure which
0 Likes