Original topic:

Please Enable Wifi 7 on the Fold 5 and S23 (Yes the hardware is there)

(Topic created: 01-25-2024 08:28 AM)
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
The Fold 5 comes with the Qualcomm Fastconnect 7800. As per Samsung and Qualcomm the Fold 5's hardware supports Wifi 7. Please Enable it since Wifi 7 is now certified.

I have an Asus Wifi 7 router and would like to be able to use it. Also EVERYONE here is having issues with the 6ghz band. I have to be 5-10 feet in front of the router, disable wifi multiple times to get 6E to show and connect. Before you ask I have the 6ghz issue at work and a regular Wifi 6E router at home for testing. It still won't connect to 6ghz. I have factory reset, you name it, Wifi sucks on this phone. Hopefully newer Wifi 7 drivers fix it. Thanks.

Proof of Wifi 7

9 Replies
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
My S23U gets along smashingly with my Asus WiFi 6 router.
0 Likes
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I have an Asus ROG Rapture GT-BE98 Pro Wifi 7 router. Either way the phone comes with a Wifi 7 card that's one of the reasons I bought this phone. With my laptop that has a BE200 Wifi 7 I am getting 1.8gbps symmetrical.

If I am in my bedroom, about 25 feet from the laptop gets that speed and is on 6ghz. My phone gets 200mbps. If I disabled wifi and re enabled it I get 1.2gbps. I should not have to do that multiple times a day.
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Well I give up. Samsung the Fold 5 is **bleep**. Wifi sucks, battery suck and camera sucks. I am back to the Ultra's. The S24 Ultra will be here tomorrow.

The battery is by far the worst. I have to change 2 full times a day. Today I got 1 hour screen on time and 30 minutes Android Auto drive and I am down to 37%. Screen on time was sending a few texts and emails.
0 Likes
LewAdvSol
Astronaut
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I agree, why charge us for the hardware but not provide the functionality...
LewAdvSol
Astronaut
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Ive accepted that i bought a toy with the fold5 and not a work horse like my old note 20 ultra
phsacar
Astronaut
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@ Samsung: Are there any plans on supporting and enabling WiFi 7 in these phones ? Currently thinking about buying a Fold 5

0 Likes
tresnugget
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I second this. It's crazy that the hardware is there and there's no firmware support.
CaptainAmerica5
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Please Samsung enable Wi-Fi 7 on the s23 ultra.
wellcomekit
Astronaut
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Fold 5  waiting for wifi 7~

0 Likes