JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Recommendations for activating and transferring to new Flip 5

(Topic created: 07-31-2023 02:30 PM)
Pyrdogs
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I would like to know if you recommend putting the SIM card in the new phone before transferring? This is always been a debatable topic According to some people. I would also like to know if you recommend using the wire transfer as opposed to wireless in the past when transferring Wireless there was an issue with Android auto not working but was corrected by a community contributor. Thank you for any suggestions.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@Pyrdogs My process:

1. Remove the SIM card from the old phone. This prevents text messages from being received on that phone during the transfer. 
  2. Ensure that all your photos are backed up to your OneDrive and/or Google Photos. This way you don't have to use Samsung Smart Switch to transfer the photos. 
  3. Do a backup of your phone to your Samsung account. 
  4. Put the SIM card in the new phone. 
  5. Start Smart Switch on your new phone. Follow the instructions and transfer the info from the old phone to new phone. I typically use cable to make the transfer as fast as possible. However... if there is a lot of data I use wireless so that I can keep both phones charged. 

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@Pyrdogs My process:

1. Remove the SIM card from the old phone. This prevents text messages from being received on that phone during the transfer. 
  2. Ensure that all your photos are backed up to your OneDrive and/or Google Photos. This way you don't have to use Samsung Smart Switch to transfer the photos. 
  3. Do a backup of your phone to your Samsung account. 
  4. Put the SIM card in the new phone. 
  5. Start Smart Switch on your new phone. Follow the instructions and transfer the info from the old phone to new phone. I typically use cable to make the transfer as fast as possible. However... if there is a lot of data I use wireless so that I can keep both phones charged. 
Pyrdogs
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Thank you for the response ironically everything you've mentioned is how I have done it in the past with the exception of I used Wireless on my Z3 to Z4 and had that temporary problem with Android auto until a Samsung Community member suggested how to fix it and it worked thanks again for your quick response.
0 Likes