JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S Pen Pro proximity warning on zfold

(Topic created: 11-25-2023 12:24 PM)
Rayzer
Sun
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Before I buy a Pro pen will I get this notification when I'm only using it on my S9 Ultra tablet? Samsung doesn't really state what the difference is between the pro version and the one that comes with my tablet and z-fold phone.

Clip Studio paint companion mode screen

I'm using my z-fold phone as a companion with my S9 Ultra tablet. While using the S Pen from my tablet I get a warning on my phone that it is incompatible even though I am not using it on the phone. I am using my index finger to select the tools and the tablets S Pen is in my palm with it's proximity setting the warning off.
What would be even better, is there was a way to turn this warning off since I am not damaging the screen with my finger?
12 Replies
Rayzer
Sun
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Thanks for the reply!
You're probably right that when I am selecting items from the quick pallet I might be touching the pen to the screen since it is in my palm. You did answer the most important question that I had, which is that it is not compatible with clip Studio paint on my z-fold unless the switch is thrown. I have looked for an in-depth review of the differences in the pens and the only ones I have found are from different brands and not the S Pen versus the S Pen Pro. I'm assuming a different brand would certainly not be compatible with the z-fold. Thanks again1699163418293_1699163418262_0.png
0 Likes
DamageCase13
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Samsung does state the reasoning for the fold version of the SPens though. It's the tip spring. Because the folds inner screen uses a  softer, foldable glass the non fold SPen will leave indents all over the screen. 

I currently use a clone Fold SPen from Amazon which was dirt cheap, under $20CAD and it works beautifully. I compared to the real Samsung fold SPen and it's identical. 

This isn't Samsung trying to lock you into buying a Samsung only spen. Samsung is becoming more and more like apple every day, but this one is a legitimate reason. Grab yourself a cheap Amazon one like I did for your fold. 

Rayzer
Sun
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I purchased the case w/pen with my phone and found the same cases several months later on sale @ woot.com for $14. So I've got a couple of the ZFold pens now. I prefer the larger spen on the tablet but I keep touching the phone "companion" when selecting items on the ZFold with my finger 👉 while holding my tablet's Spen.
0 Likes