JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Messages Discontinuation

(Topic created: Wednesday)
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Personally, I'm okay with Samsung discontinuing Samsung Messages. However, I wish they would partner with Google to bring us two very important features. It's great that we got a Samsunt dynamic layout that fits the One UI reachability aesthetic but we still need:

• Actual Categories - Google botched the message organization epically. I want to put things where I want them and name the Categories myself. Even if Google does predetermine where a message should go, let me change it if you get it wrong. 
  • Proper Chat Customization - Google loves to dictate what colors we're allowed to use with presets. Why can't we just be free?? Give us a color wheel, saturation, and opacity and let us go to town. Let us use wallpapers too. Android is supposed to be about freedom. 
Samsung did these features best and I'm sure they could assist with bringing them to us while staying within the Material You guidelines. 
13 Replies
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I agree
Ronsolo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I understand your point. But I am totally against them discontinuing it if that's actually the truth.

I understand that they are partners with Google and helping them promote their app, but to me, this is a staple their lineup with different features and made for One UI, so I pray that they do not cancel it and continue to update it for users who prefer it.
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
It's moving too rcs for all carriers
Ronsolo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Such a shame. I was hoping over time they would incorporate Samsung Wallet into it. To be able to send and receive funds amongst other Galaxy users the same as Google Pay. Such wasted potential
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
They'll likely maintain it for some time, but there definitely won't be anything new added. It's not worth the resources when they're unable to implement the standards that Google is setting. They can't do proper RCS through the Jibe servers, reactions and E2EE, etc.
Ronsolo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Got it. And I'm assuming Google won't help them to that. By the way, RCS does work in their messages app on carrier Galaxy devices.
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I don't want to say won't help. Just the decision has already been made to move away from the native Samsung Messages and use Google Messages and everything that comes with it instead. It's the default going forward. Samsung Messages uses a different version of the universal profile and they won't be providing chat services anymore from what I read.
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Sometime ago Samsung stopped supporting rcs perhaps a carrier deal issue but Google owns the rcs
Solution
BruZZi
Red Giant
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Unfortunately It's up to Google to add more customization options.
So don't you think it's better to ask them for features request and not Samsung ?!?

You can try the feedback option on the app menu:

•  Open Google Messages  >
•  Click On Your Pic / Avatar  >
•  Help and Feedback  >
•  Click Send Feedback.

Or The Google Messages Forum:
https://support.google.com/messages/threads?hl=en&thread_filter=(category:other)&sjid=22627186785667...