JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Shiny coating on back of phone causing pain in hands

(Topic created: 04-05-2024 08:21 AM)
user4Zh1PAAQGZ
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Ok, here goes. I was told by a customer represenative to post on this board and someone from the right dept. would reach out to me.  I've been a Samaung phone user since day one. I absolutely love the flip phone and currently have the flip 4.  I can use any phone that has a matte back. I can't use the phones that have that slick shiny back on them. This might sound crazy but, when I hold one of those phones with the shiny back, my hands literally ache. It's like something is being emmited into my hands and I can feel it. I've had to send several phones back because of that. I ordered the flip 4, which has the matte back and love it! When I ordered the flip 5, I assumed it would be the same but noooo, they made that one with the shiny back and when it came in, I tried it and again it made my hands hurt. I was so upset and had to send it back when I wanted to keep it so bad!. Now the flip 6 is coming out July or Aug. and I want one but if it's made with the shiny back, I can't get it and will be forced to look elsewhere. Is there any way someone from the developement team can let me know anything about this? Can there be both so that we have a choice in which backs we want? I've tried using a special case on the shiny ones and I can still feel something coming from that phone into my hand. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hello. I can definitely see how this would be concerning! I hope you are okay, and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this is caused you! We do have a specialized team that would be happy to help you with this situation. I would encourage you to reach out to this team directly to get this matter resolved.

Please be aware, this team will be asking for specific information, such as your name, street address, email, place of purchase, bill of sale (to validate warranty status), and will request any documentation related to this incident. The additional documentation could include photos of an injury/damage, receipts or estimates of repairs, and/or medical documentation, etc.

The quickest way to reach this specialized team is by calling 1-800-726-7864.

Alternatively, you can reach out to our Facebook or Twitter Support teams to set up a call back.

If you don’t wish to call, I would recommend speaking with our Live Chat team.

View solution in context

2 Replies
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
You might not be crazy, but you should still seek professional help if you feel that a glossy glass surface is "emitting" something into your hands when a matte glass surface isn't, even through a case, considering that the only material difference is the surface texture.
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hello. I can definitely see how this would be concerning! I hope you are okay, and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this is caused you! We do have a specialized team that would be happy to help you with this situation. I would encourage you to reach out to this team directly to get this matter resolved.

Please be aware, this team will be asking for specific information, such as your name, street address, email, place of purchase, bill of sale (to validate warranty status), and will request any documentation related to this incident. The additional documentation could include photos of an injury/damage, receipts or estimates of repairs, and/or medical documentation, etc.

The quickest way to reach this specialized team is by calling 1-800-726-7864.

Alternatively, you can reach out to our Facebook or Twitter Support teams to set up a call back.

If you don’t wish to call, I would recommend speaking with our Live Chat team.