Original topic:

System Updats 39 Broke Some Functionality

(Topic created: Thursday)
BluetoothNoWorky
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hi all,

I have an issue with my Z fold 3 on Verizon after system update 39 installed overnight.  I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this? 

First, my screen rotation ceased functioning. Yes, it is turned on, and yes I've rebooted.

Second, the seamless transition between open/closed screens no longer works. I cannot transition from one display to the other without first turning off my screen and then closing or opening to transition to the other display. Previously I could do this without issue. 

Thank you

2 Replies
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Try this, power off your phone, hold both the power button and Volume up button simultaneously, when you feel the vibration let go of the buttons, you will now be in the bootloader, using the power button for OK and the volume buttons for navigation scroll down to wipe cache partition, ok, yes, ok, reboot ok.

If this doesn't work you might have to perform a factory rese. Be sure to back up your device
0 Likes
BluetoothNoWorky
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Thank you for the help. I wiped the cache through the bootloader, and it worked for about 15 seconds, and then the issue resumed.

I've also discovered that my camera orientation won't rotate with the phone, but rotation will occur with full screen video on the closed display. The landscape mode will transition to the open display if I turn off the closed screen and then open the device and turn on the display. I have to reverse the process to resume portrait mode on both displays. 

0 Likes