Original topic:

Texts not being received by other party when their phone is off

(Topic created: 07-04-2024 02:08 PM)
raquel2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I hsve a question sometimes when I send texts to my boyfriend while his phone is off he doesn't get texts he has a iphone. 

11 Replies
MG94551
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Texts always come through even if the phone is off. It goes to his number not his phone.

raquel2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Well that's what is happening with his phone that he is not getting my texts when he turns on his phone
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Are you sure he's not getting them? Does he get them when his phone is on? Who turns off their phone anyway? I don't want to be the one to break this to you...
Sambone9
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
It's likely an excuse/lie
raquel2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
He gets them when his phone is on but not when his phone is off
0 Likes
Tattoo58
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
When he turns his phone back on, and it connects to the server , every text that was sent to him while it was off, I don't care what kind of phone it is, when it connects to the Server after booting back up, he will get ALL Texts that was sent to the phone while it was off. He just trying to pull a slick one on ya. Lol
raquel2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
He probably will
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

You can do a quick test.  When you are together, send him a text while his phone is on and see if he gets it.  Then ask him to shut his phone off and then send another text.  Have him turn his phone back on and see if the text comes through. If it doesn't come through, he's not lying, and this is a problem that needs to be investigated.  If he refuses the troubleshooting (it's also a test of his honesty), or the text then "miraculously" comes through when the phone turns back on, then you know he's a liar and you need to reevaluate.

0 Likes
raquel2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
He gets it while it's on but not when it's off no and he is not a liar. And same thing with me like 2 months ago he sends me texts while my cell is off then a few days later I will get them but now it's fixed because when I turn my cell on at like 8 am I get his texts and he usually has his cell on airplane mode or off some of the day
0 Likes