Original topic:

Use phone upside down?

(Topic created: Monday)
cleverEyes
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
It'd be really nice to rotate my phone in any direction.

For example, I can hold my phone in portrait orientation, as well as both landscape orientations. What would be really nice is if there were some way to have the phone also in portrait mode but upside down.

As a former iPhone user, it made sense at that time because the notch would get in the way, but with Samsung (and especially their under-display cameras), it's a weird quirk. There isn't really anything in the way.

It isn't a dealbreaker if there's no way to fix it, but it totally feels like an oversight. I personally would find it useful to use my phone in portrait-upside-down mode so the charger is facing out and away, instead of sometimes poking me.
0 Likes
7 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@cleverEyes The only app that I have ever seen support this is Google Maps. If you are charging and using Maps for directions, if you turn the phone upside down the screen rotates appropriately. 

cleverEyes
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
That is so bizarre.
I found some other apps do it too like my pharmaceutical provider's app do it. So it's clearly possible...
Just kinda strange.
Thank you though!
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I often wonder why they don't put the charging port on the top or on the side, under the power button.  

0 Likes
cleverEyes
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Right? I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that.
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

It would make much more sense. That way if you are watching a movie in landscape mode, you can still keep it on a stand and charger, and if you have it on a stand  in portrait mode, you can still charge it.  I understand, the top might interfere with the cameras, but I don't understand why it can't be under the power button.

LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@realaud Unfortunately if it was on the side, I can see where it would create havoc in auto phone holders. 

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Possibly true, but it could also go above the volume buttons, or lower down on the side below where phone holder "arms" would be. There's a whole lot of space there although, admittedly, I don't know what's behind that space - whatever it is could be, perhaps, moved to where the charging port now resides.

0 Likes