Original topic:

Video Calls option for Fold 6 greyed out

(Topic created: 6 hours ago)
user5GYzoGjWvn
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Ok, trying to see if someone knows what the heck is going on. I bought two Samsung Galaxy Fold 6 phones and I was able to video call last month no problem. This month now it is saying "SIM1 can't be used for video calls". I am on the phone with T-Mobile and they say its a Samsung issue and when I get on the phone with Samsung they say it is a T-Mobile issue. T-Mobile assures me that I have the video calling option enabled for both lines that I have on my phone (Yes, I have two ESIMs on my phone and both lines tell me the same error code). The only way I can video call someone now is via Google Meet which is awful. The native video call option is no longer available (greyed out as I disabled Google Meet) and T-Mobile has done many "refreshing and pushing new updates" to my SIM and it remains unresolved. I can do everything else just fine except video call using the native video call on the phone. I can't even use it with WIFI. Both these phones are having the same issue.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Absolutely a software side issue, if you had it working, then it stopped likely due to a security patch. Is it possible for you to switch one line back to a physical Sim card? I mean I know that you can, I mean if it's that important to you, switching to a physical Sim will force a complete carrier reprovisioning sequence. Not a partial or a esim refresh. These are what tmobile has been doing to try to fix it. You need to force a full provision by switching the card itself.
Since you are dual esim, the only way I can direct you to your desired result is through switching to a complete new Sim card. There is a way to access the master carrier programming menu on your phone but unfortunately Samsung will ban my account if I show more people how to gain access to this menu.
A full reprovision of the Sim will fix your issue as it'll assign you a new iccid as well as set all carrier options back to their master default, in your case, this means native video calling is enabled.
I apologize if this is confusing but I'm very well versed in all things that are related to coms or device to network settings/set-up.
In general it is not a great idea to run dual esim when utilizing dual SIM.
You should always try and keep one pSIM and one eSIM. And added bonus will be that you'll get better reception on the physical SIM on top of the video calling restored. Galaxy phones regardless of which variant either locked or unlocked it does not matter, Programmed connect two more towers utilizing a physical SIM essentially, what's happened is certain bands are being blocked and esim is being used all carriers are doing it because, The phone itself is set to do it. It's not a huge difference or anything but, It should give you tangible gains in reception and overall data speeds. Of course, The best possible option would be me not getting permabanned helping people much better reception and, Un all the bands the phone is capable of connecting to that your career doesn't want you connecting to since they usually, Reserve them for the highest tier of payment plan or their own company use. Many of the locked bands the fastest ones like, The NR-SA, NR-DC as well as many LTE bands. I have more than tripled my data speed and my MVNO uses the top 3 carrier's towers and my S24U is now set to TX hop between them as one gets further and a different carrier has a closer one, it'll auto hop onto the other carrier. I have yet to hit a single dead zone anywhere where I live and there are many in my rural area. Also native video coms is literally a toggle of a single switch. It's up to you to decide if it's worth the hassle of getting a physical Sim mailed then set it up with tmo all for native vc or not. Having both options myself, I find that I Google meet 95% of the time, but that's just me.
Sorry for the long post but there is no easy way to help you after I've been warned by mods to stop unfortunately.
Hope this helps you figure out what you want to do! Have a good one
0 Likes
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Sorry for the abysmal grammatical errors, I was voice to texting and Google's recognition has completely just gone to **bleep**. It's now one of the worst I've ever experienced.
0 Likes
user5GYzoGjWvn
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

As I am a nerd myself and would love to do all of this I am still confused as to why my carrier one month would allow me to do VC but then the next month not? When I had my Fold 5 with one PSIM and one ESIM I still was unable to use the native VC option. 4 different reps have ASSURED me that my video calling option was on and they have escalated it to the "engineering department". I've never heard of this department until today. I have spoken to many tiers and they have all assured me that video calling is on. Just so that I am understanding what you are saying though, T-Mobile has BLOCKED my ability to VC using the native VC option even though they say it is on.

0 Likes
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Trust me , from one nerd to another.
That the native vc switch is the client-side, but is accessible by the carrier. It's ultimately in the master programming menu, which is accessible via client and carrier. It is not supposed to be accessible to us, but through a sequence, I have found a way back on s22u.
It is 100% the master menu. So all limits and standards mean nothing. Since they can all be changed, whether it's video calling. Hotspot premium data, the frequency of your modem, the band's, it can connect to
The power throughput.
The amount Off db, a signal has to be for your phone to actually pick it up and register to it like anything you could possibly think of that has to do with it any coms, including Bluetooth end and nFC.
Is all ultimately pre-programmed by Samsung through this menu.

As for the reason why you had the abrupt change, I think that whatever month security patch occurred overrote provisioning data, a basic level and video calling is on the basic level. It is not one of the advanced options. So something like a security patch could easily flip the switch. Samsung phones default profile is no native video chat. So I think your phone defaulted in my unprofessional opinion lol
0 Likes
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Wow, that comment I used samsung's ai to dictate, and the punctuation is so horrible.Oh my god.

Seems like we no longer have any viable option. For, translating voice into text for small platforms like this. But my advanced Gemini app that's paid works flawlessly, and the punctuation and grammar. I don't believe I've ever made one mistake yet. Bravo Google and Samsung. Everything will be a paid option on a samsung phone.