Original topic:

Wallpaper reverting to old photo

(Topic created: 2 hours ago)
Members_Win8URi
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hello everyone,

I really need help with this problem. I just got a brand new phone and switched all of my data over. I am trying to change the lock screen and cover screen but it keeps reverting back to my old photo. 

I've even deleted my old photo off of my phone but it doesn't matter. It'll apply the new wallpaper and then a few minutes or hours later it reverts back. I have no idea why this is happening

16 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Have you tried deleting the cache partition? It may help to clear the old information out. I am not sure the procedure is the same for the flips and folds, but I see no reason why it shouldn't be.

How to clear cache through Recovery Mode:

1. Power off your Galaxy phone by holding down the power button until it reboots.

2. Let go of both buttons when you see the Samsung Logo appear on screen

3. When you see ā€œRecovery modeā€ appear at the top of the screen, release both buttons.

4. Use the volume buttons to navigate through recovery menu options and highlight ā€œWipe Cache Partition.ā€ Press power button to select this option .

5 .When wiping cache partition is complete, reboot system now should be highlighted; press power key to select it .
0 Likes
Members_Win8URi
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I did that and the old photo came back. I made sure to delete it off of my phone, Google, and the recycle bins. 

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I am not 100% certain, but I think a copy of the image is saved with the wallpaper. I know it is saved *as* the wallpaper. You may have to delete that particular wallpaper.
0 Likes
Members_Win8URi
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Is there a way to do that? When I go to the wallpaper settings it doesn't show any of my previous ones.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Really? So if you created a wallpaper or used a photo as a wallpaper, it's not in your history to select? Perhaps go into your file manager and do a search for the image name (if you know it--some people don't rename their photos just leave it as the default).
0 Likes
Members_Win8URi
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Yes that's correct. I deleted all photos in my file manager.

0 Likes
Members_Win8URi
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Looks like the theme is sticking, I even restarted the phone and it was still applied. Maybe the phone doesn't like the specific photos I'm choosing for wallpaper?

0 Likes