JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Which app to use to take nice pictures on my Flip 5?

(Topic created: 09-02-2023 01:46 PM)
TheRev
Nebula
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I'm not a photographer, but I would like to take nice photos with my Flip 5. I've read about some apps like Lightroom, Open Camera, GCam [via Apk]. 

Are any of these worth it or is my stock Samsung app good enough?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Was my post on your previous topic concerning camera tips not helpful? Your stock camera has some very powerful options, especially in Expert Raw/Pro Modes. Lightroom is a fantastic tool to edit photos (especially RAW pictures) after you take them. I also enjoy using GIMP and Snapseed. 😅 Most (if not all) of the in-app camera options in Lightroom, Open Camera, and GCam are redundant to your native camera capabilities. That being said, photography is an art and everyone has different tastes. You should see what works best for you and your needs. Some people dislike the UI of the Samsung Camera, so they use a 3rd party app. Another aspect is that some of these apps don't have access to the native camera API, and might not have the full suite of features that the Samsung camera app contains.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Was my post on your previous topic concerning camera tips not helpful? Your stock camera has some very powerful options, especially in Expert Raw/Pro Modes. Lightroom is a fantastic tool to edit photos (especially RAW pictures) after you take them. I also enjoy using GIMP and Snapseed. 😅 Most (if not all) of the in-app camera options in Lightroom, Open Camera, and GCam are redundant to your native camera capabilities. That being said, photography is an art and everyone has different tastes. You should see what works best for you and your needs. Some people dislike the UI of the Samsung Camera, so they use a 3rd party app. Another aspect is that some of these apps don't have access to the native camera API, and might not have the full suite of features that the Samsung camera app contains.
TheRev
Nebula
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Your post on camera tips was very helpful, but, as I learn more and read more, I get suggestions and then have questions.

Your latest post convinces me that I shouldn't try to fix what isn't broken. 🤣 Thank you for always being so thorough and helpful! I'll use the Samsung app and continue to practice Pro mode.

Many blessings.