Original topic:

Wired and wireless charging issues...

(Topic created: 5 hours ago)
Jcthrower
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I have found 2 issues.

One, since the latest update my wired charging maxes out around 11-12 watts (I have tried 3 different power bricks including the official Samsung 25w). Last week I was getting 19-20w on the same power bricks.

Second issue, I have the official 15w wireless charger and the max it has provided has been 10.5 watts (I have also tried at least 5 others and they all maxed out at 6w). I used an app to track the power delivered (see attached image) and it shows every couple of minutes the power drops to 2-3w then back up. I am not sure if this is a wireless charger issue or a phone software issue since the wired is also not providing what it was before the update.

Either way, before or after the update using Samsung official charging devices I have never gotten the supposed 25w wired, or 15w wireless charging speeds. (And my tests were at optimal phone temp and low percentage remaining battery left).

Z Fold 6, latest software updates.Screenshot_20240911_111219_Battery Guru.jpg

0 Likes
5 Replies
userjhsPfJDeYN
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Try an iMac laptop charger. It has worked for me on my s24 ultra. It's also a 96w charger. Samsung needs to correct whatever update they sent out that has **bleep** this up.
0 Likes
Jcthrower
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Wired, i have tried:

Official Samsung 25w charger

Anker 30w charger

Amegat 30w charger

All averaged 11-12 w, with the occasional spike to 14w.

0 Likes
userjhsPfJDeYN
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
My s24 ultra has charging issues. None of my Samsung products work to charge it. A certified tech replaced the charging port. Still the issues persists.

I'm disappointed how samsung support has handled my issue.
0 Likes
Jcthrower
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I think its either a software issue, or the hardware doesn't really support the speeds they claim, I do not think its a hardware issue with just my phone. Especially since I am using both the official wired and wireless charging products.

I have also made multiple posts on reddit about this, but cant get any response or confirmations. 

0 Likes
userjhsPfJDeYN
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
In a daze after waking up I swiped away an alert on my phone after charging a 0% phone over night. When I woke up it was at 49%.
0 Likes