Original topic:

Wireless Charging

(Topic created: yesterday)
theGManiac
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I put my brand new zfold 6 on the charger overnight and it went to 100% according to the battery history but when I woke up the wireless charger light was green and the battery was at 92%. I don’t have any of that battery protect stuff on. Is it normal for it to not keep charging once it hits 100% then start discharging?

help 🙂

8 Replies
GaryB82
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I've seen sometimes they will charge to 100%, then stop until it reaches around 80-90% and start charging again so they are not over charging

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
theGManiac
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Gary; so this is normal? I don’t see any documentation proving this. 

where can I get a definitive answer?

thank you sir!

0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I've seen it happen on my s24+ s22U I'll have to search Google to see if it's normal but I always thought it was.

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
theGManiac
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Gary please post your findings. I would appreciate it. 

0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
If I can all depends on what I can find on Google

0 Likes
theGManiac
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Thank you 🙂

0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@theGManiac One thing to consider is that if the phone gets too warm, charging will pause. IME the Fold 6 gets much warmer during wireless charging compared to wired charging. It is possible that your Fold 6 over heated and charging was paused until the temperature was within allowed range. 

The same is true of quality wireless stations. If the station becomes overheated, it will pause wireless charging. 

0 Likes
theGManiac
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

It wasn’t warm at all 😞

0 Likes