Original topic:

Z Flip 6 Black Screen/Manufacturing Flaw

(Topic created: 4 hours ago)
DearZeus
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hey all. It looks like the Z Flip 6 has a manufacturing flaw causing hardware to fail pretty quickly. Myself and many others are having the problem of the main inner screen going black and being completely unable to use the phone. I've had mine since August 9th and as of October 19, my inner screen is completely black and will not come on. It started back on October 16th as an intermittent issue, went into T-Mobile on October 17th and they ordered a replacement. I'm waiting on that replacement but there is definitely some kind of bad hardware that was used in the pre-order/late summer units as I'm not the only one having this issue.

As far as I can tell, Samsung has not acknowledged this issue but it is happening. I really, really love the Z Flip 6 for its form factor, the cover screen usability, and how novel it is. Though this hasn't exactly inspired confidence. Hopefully this gets acknowledged as an actual problem!

For those trying to solve the issue, the best options I've seen are to either:

• Use your Samsung account to set up an appointment with an authorized repair place. Do not just go to the repair place or any place available. If you set up the appointment with your account, the warranty should be honored.
  • Contact your carrier if you have insurance through them. T-Mobile's process was painless and they handled everything in about 5 minutes in store.

I'm crossing my fingers this is a limited issue and isn't going to be a problem going forward but I might be skipping another Flip for a while.

1 Reply
Ronaldbbb
Astronaut
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

hanks for sharing your experience! It's concerning to hear about this issue with the Z Flip 6, especially for those who love its design and features. Hopefully, Samsung addresses it soon. It's great that T-Mobile handled your replacement quicklyā€”definitely a reminder to use official spike repair options to keep warranties intact. Fingers crossed this is just a limited batch issue!

0 Likes