Original topic:

Z Flip5 Screen Mirroring Issue

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Jess04
Sun
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Hey Samsung,

Does the Z Flip5 not fully support screen mirroring like other smartphones? Any time I've successfully made the connection between Flip and TV all I see is a gray screen and, what looks like, a Gesture Bar at the bottom.

Example ^^^
However, my Gallery app will fully display on screen. But I'm not able to see other apps, let alone my homescreen display on the TV. My Z Fold5 can execute Screen Mirroring perfectly fine.

Is there a setting I've overlooked? If Screen Mirroring is not fully supported, can it be updated on the Flip5 to fully support it?

6 Replies
BlueSkies
Nebula
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Have you tried the steps in this article https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-305089/
0 Likes
Jess04
Sun
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Yeah. Those are the basics. That's how I'm able to see the screen displayed in my post.
0 Likes
BlueSkies
Nebula
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
What apps are you having issue with? I think it's up to the apps developer to make it fully compatible. Most of the apps I been using I see it working in full screen
0 Likes
Jess04
Sun
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
The home screen......
0 Likes
BlueSkies
Nebula
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
My home screen does not show full screen and I don't expect it to be full screen as I don't really use the home on the TV as I use it on my phone instead. If you wanted a computer like interface for your phone what about plugging in via HDMI and using the Dex feature
0 Likes
Jess04
Sun
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
My point is the inconsistency around the Z Flips mirroring to a TV but then not actually showing anything and all other Samsung phones actually mirroring their displays as everyone would expect.
0 Likes