Original topic:

ZF6 Can't See 1 TB ext SSD

(Topic created: a month ago)
Lobonca
Halo
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I have a Z Fold 6 with a Crucial X10 Pro 1TB Portable SSD attached for backing up. But the Z Fold 6 does not see the 1TB SSD. Why not?
9 Replies
Red Giant
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Maybe the Z Fold 6 software does not support the Crucial X10 Pro 1TB Portable SSD.
0 Likes
Lobonca
Halo
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
any ideas of what 1TB SSDs work with Z Fold 6 for backup purposes ?
0 Likes
Red Giant
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
This is what I use for my S22 Ultra 512gb to back up. SmartSelect_20240810_143452_Chrome_1000013785_1723314892.jpg
0 Likes
Lobonca
Halo
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Thank you !
0 Likes
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Only some apps will see that storage.  Have you tried My Files?  With the versions of Android post Android 11 (I think) the app developer has to include specific code to get the permissions to see the external storage and most don't have that code. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
0 Likes
Lobonca
Halo
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
My Files had way too many ads. I did find this video on YouTube that explains why some drives are not seen and solutions: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRiqJ0v_3W4
0 Likes
5uck3rpunch
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I have a 4TB SSD that mounted fine on my ZF 3 & 4.  It also mounts fine on my M1 MacBook Pro & my Ayaneo 2.  No matter what app I use, I cannot mount this drive on the ZF 6.  Something changed with the new phone.  This drive worked on my past two Galaxy Folds & all other devices.  I'd love to know how to get past this since I have the 1TB ZF 6 that I move large amounts of FLAC files back & forth.  It would be great if a Samsung agent explained why this doesn't work.

0 Likes
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Reproduce the issue and then open the Samsung Members app, click on Support (Lower right)->Feedback->Send Error Report,  Remember to check on "Send System Data Log" 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
0 Likes
5uck3rpunch
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I think I figured out. The fold 6 doesn't seem to put out as much power as the fold four or fold three. The SSD data light / power light lights up, but it doesn't seem to see it in Android 14. I plugged in a USBC dock with a power cord connected connected that to the phone and then connected the SSD and now it sees it.
0 Likes