Original topic:

how do i turn off screen mirroring on Flip 6 cover screen

(Topic created: 5 hours ago)
usermT0xvodIjv
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Just bought the flip 6. In chat help the rep said, "Go to the ā€œSettingsā€ app. Tap the ā€œConnected Devicesā€ option, then select ā€œCast Screenā€. Tap the ā€œStopā€ button to turn off screen mirroring on your Android device." But under connected devices there is no Cast Screen. Then it was suggested that I perform a reset back to factory setup. But I asked will that then give me the cast screen icon? I believe earlier flip phones had that option to stop mirroring in selfie mode. Perhaps Samsung should push out a fix for this issue. When I take a selfie either on cover screen or regular screen and you put a notification under my picture it is mirrored. Thank you for any assistance you can give me.

4 Replies
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Cast screen and selfie mirroring are 2 completely different things. Check in the camera settings for selfie mirror settings. Or possibly Camera Assistant in Goodlock
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Casting is called smart view. When you pull down the notification shade you will find it at the bottom left under the brightness control. What do you mean by selfie mirroring? Reversing the image?
0 Likes
usermT0xvodIjv
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Thank you for your advice. When I go to smart view it wants to cast to another device. Nothing about mirroring. When you want to take a selfie either using the main or cover screen if you hold up something with words or a design to be taken with the selfie they are reversed or mirrored. Zoom use to or still does have a mirroring feature that you can cancel. We need the same with selfies for the flip 6.

For Ryan. Nothing in camera setting or Camera Assist about mirroring.

Alan

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Try sllding this off in camera settings: 1722257190641.jpg
0 Likes