Original topic:

Any way to go back to find things without smart things?

(Topic created: 05-30-2024 07:58 AM)
Options
Galaxy Buds
The earbuds worked amazing before. With the updates recently making it work with the smart things its been getting harder to find my devices or wont give me the option to make them ring before waiting a whole 5min count down 😒 man if i wanted to wait 5 mins what is the point? I would find the **bleep** things or move on to wired headphones before i ever need that option. 

Bring back the ring to find please!
1 Reply
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello, Welcome to the Community. We understand how frustrating it is to misplace the Buds.

There are three options for locating the Buds, but they are all use the SmartThings functions.

1. You can locate the buds using the Wearables app. Open the Wearables app and select Find my Earbuds

2. From the SmartThings app.  Open SmartThings>Tap Devices>Tap the Buds

3. Using the Samsung Find app. https://galaxystore.samsung.com/prepost/000007282521

If the buds are out of Bluetooth range (32 feet), or if their battery is dead, the app will show the earbud(s) as disconnected and will not be able to locate the earbud(s). Additionally, the earbuds may not beep if there are foreign substances or debris blocking the IR sensor. This function cannot be used to locate a missing charging case.

If the app(s) are able to connect to the Buds to locate them, the Ring option should be available immediately. 

If the apps are not functioning correctly, try the following:

1. Clear the app cache. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077611/

2. Uninstall and reinstall the apps. (You will need the buds to reconnect in the Wearables app when you reinstall it.)

3. Reset network settings on the phone.

If you continue to experience issues with the Find app functions, we recommend submitting an error report to provide the feedback to the developers. Open the Wearables app (while connected to the earbuds)>Tap the menu in the top corner>Tap the Settings icon>Tap Contact Us>Tap Error reports

0 Likes