JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Buds 2 Pro unusable low mic volume on Windows PCs

(Topic created: 07-01-2023 04:46 AM)
DigitalMd2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Samsung has a bug in all their earbuds when connected to Windows PC. The mic volume is extremely low no matter what you do, and because of this you can't really use the buds with Teams or Zoom or telecoms. This has been a known problem for years reported by many many users and they haven't fixed it. I have other Bluetooth earbuds that work very well with Windows for telecoms and such, but not the Galaxy Buds 2 Pro. Talked to Samsung support and they don't acknowledge the issue just give you generic tips, none of which work.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello, Everyone. Just wanted to follow up to see if these symptoms have been resolved. If so, did it occur after a recent update? If Not, can you please try the following? 

1.) Connect the buds to your phone again.

2.) In the Galaxy Wearables app change the touchpad function to volume up

3.) Switch back to your computer and turn the volume up on the buds until you hear the max volume beep.

4.) (Optional) Switch back to your phone change the touchpads to whatever you want and when you switch back to your computer you should be fine with volume.

If you're still having issues with the volume, you may want to get it evaluated by a technician: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service 

View solution in context

0 Likes
13 Replies
KNNichols
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

I've discovered the same issue with my Buds Pro 2's when in use with my Windows PC. Please post if you discover a fix.

DigitalMd2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

I wish, but no one seems to have a solution and Samsung support is useless on the topic.  This issue has been the same in several models over several years. I am switching to Sony WF-1004 buds. They work so much better and sound great for calls or music. I will say the Samsung Earbuds 2 pro are a lot more comfortable though, if only they worked. 

alcor8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

today has been so frustrating! I invested in samsung smartphone and laptop and buds 2 pro expecting a seamless user experience for wfh. glad to see I'm not alone in facing this issue but incredibly disappointed to read this is a longstanding problem and they're not addressing it!!!!! 

DigitalMd2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
Yep and the only solution is return the Samsung buds and get a different brand. I went with Sony but Jabra works well too
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello, There.

Thank you so much for posting this. Samsung is looking into this situation further and would like to gather additional details and logs from the device to determine why this could be occurring.

We would ask that anyone experiencing these symptoms submit an error report. In the details include the following hashtag:  #SCommunity4

Also, we ask that you please make sure that when you submit the error report that the issue is presenting itself at the time of reporting.

Steps to submit an error report via wearables Application: 

Thank you so much for bearing with us, and make sure to keep your devices up to date with the latest software!

1.       Launch the Wearable app icon Galaxy Wearable app

2.       Tap on 3 lines icon

3.       Select Contact Us

4.       Tap on Error Reports

5.       Tap on Frequency

6.       Choose between Once, Often, or Sometimes

7.       Tap on the text box and explain the issue you are facing with your Galaxy device. If you would like to add any screen recordings or screenshots to your error report tap on the paperclip icon. Once you are ready to send your error report select send icon Remember to include #SCommunity

We will be marking our post as the solution, so it will float this to the top for everyone to see, the thread will be left open. 

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello, Everyone. Just wanted to follow up to see if these symptoms have been resolved. If so, did it occur after a recent update? If Not, can you please try the following? 

1.) Connect the buds to your phone again.

2.) In the Galaxy Wearables app change the touchpad function to volume up

3.) Switch back to your computer and turn the volume up on the buds until you hear the max volume beep.

4.) (Optional) Switch back to your phone change the touchpads to whatever you want and when you switch back to your computer you should be fine with volume.

If you're still having issues with the volume, you may want to get it evaluated by a technician: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service 

0 Likes
jum8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have the same issue. I've tried what you said but the mic is still too low

0 Likes
DigitalMd2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

You didn't fully read the problem. It's not the listening volume, that's fine, its the microphone volume when you need to use the buds for a meeting or phone call and talk. The mic volume cannot be raised enough to be usable. This is a long standing issue with Samsung devices that does not occur with most other vendors devices when used on Windows PC. 

And4
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hi Justin,

maybe you didn't catch the issue, but it isn't about the volume that you hear from the earbuds connected to the PC; it's about the microphone. On the other side of a Teams call, or whatever requires the use of your voice using the earbud's microphone, they can't hear my words when I'm talking.

Best regards.

0 Likes