Original topic:

Input delay on Galaxy Buds on Windows 11

(Topic created: 12-21-2023 12:12 AM)
lexed
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I know this has been asked here before, but my situation is a little weird so:

I want to use my galaxy buds on my Windows 11 PC for gaming, but sometimes when I do, there is a very noticeable input lag which basically makes the game unplayable with the buds. However, for some reason, some of my games, like Battlefield 4, cause my earbuds to automatically switch to a mode that has lower sound quality but no input delay. But then some of my other games, like Terraria or Fortnite, do not do this, so they have higher sound quality but noticeable sound delay.

Is there a way I can force my earbuds to be in this lower quality/less delay mode permanently on all games/programs?

(Also, I already tried disabling all sound enhancements on the system-->sound settings)

If anyone has some insight into this, I would greatly appreciate it.

1 Reply
Solution
ShadowArtist201
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Buds
Galaxy Buds tend to show up as two devices in Windows:
- Galaxy Buds Hands-Free AG Audio (lower sound quality, less delay, mainly meant for phone calls)
- Galaxy Buds Stereo (higher sound quality, more delay, mainly used for everything else)

You should be able to switch between these by:
- Clicking the arrow next to the volume bar on the taskbar menu and changing the output device.
- Going into "Settings > Sound > Output" and changing the device there.

Although, I would suggest using a pair of wired headphones if you're going to be in a setting where audio lag matters.
0 Likes