JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Feature Request - Multiple copies of apps in split screen

(Topic created: 01-22-2023 11:10 AM)
JMSmucker
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
I have a couple apps that open in different windows, and they'll appear as different windows inside the app switcher. I'd like to be able to open them both at the same time, but because they are the same application, it doesn't support it. It'd be nice to have the option to do this. I don't know if chrome as that kind of feature built in to their app, and it's down to the developers to implement that, but it'd be nice to have the support to do that for any app that can show multiple instances in the app switcher. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Fold

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold

@JMSmucker 

Hm. Interesting suggestion. I actually do that with one game that I play, Lords Mobile, but in order for it to work, I downloaded a copy from the Play Store, and another one from Galaxy Store (a perfect example why it's actually OK to have 2 different app stores with many of the same apps). I can see how it can be useful in some cases. So...+1.

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Fold

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.