Original topic:

Fold 5 showing as Android 10 in Google account Recovery

(Topic created: 02-27-2024 12:06 PM)
ShineBigB
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold

I have a Galaxy z fold 5 and my phone always identify as a android 10... How to fix 
5 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Fold

Hello ShineBigB, Welcome to the Community. We understand the concern with Google Recovery showing the name of the phone as Android 10.

Just to confirm, this is you recovering the Google account on the Fold 5 phone?

If you go to Settings>About Phone, what is the name of the phone listed there?

0 Likes
ShineBigB
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Galaxy Z5
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Fold

Thank you for confirming the name. And are you recovering the Google account on the Fold 5 or are you using another device?

0 Likes
ShineBigB
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
I'm using my z fold 5
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Fold

Thank you for confirming. Try the following steps:

To change the name of the device used with Google, you can follow these steps:

Open a web browser and go to your Google Account settings. You can visit https://myaccount.google.com/ and sign in if necessary.

In the Google Account settings, look for the "Security" tab. Click on it to access the security settings.

Under the "Signing in to Google" section, you will find the "2-Step Verification" option. Click on the "2-Step Verification" settings.

You may be prompted to enter your Google account password for security verification.

Once you've entered your password, you'll see the list of devices associated with your Google account's two-step verification.

Locate the device whose name you want to change and click on the device's name or the "Edit" button next to it.

In the device details, you can modify the name of the device. Simply edit the text and enter the desired name.

After making the changes, click on the "Save" or "Update" button to save the new name for the device.

0 Likes