JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to activate T-mobile Z Fold 4

(Topic created: 08-23-2022 07:03 PM)
userOL37gV51YI
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

I took my T-mobile Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 that I got from Samsung today. Spent 2 hours on phone with T-mobile and 1.5 hours at store. They told me they could not activate it. Any tips?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userOL37gV51YI
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

Like Darkmansec said, the issue is with Tmobile loading the new phone's data until Today (last light). Today is the release date. Thank you all for your help. 

View solution in context

17 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Fold
eSim?
0 Likes
ZeusDMAG
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Really.. Interesting.. I purchased an unlocked device, received it today, popped in the sim card, started the phone, it recognized the card and rebooted the phone, and I was up and running.

Try just putting the sim card in, giving it a few seconds(while looking for a pop up box),and hopefully you'll be in business. If need be, shut down(not restart), give it a few minutes, and restart the device.

I had to, last year, call and just give them(t mobile) my IMEI number. They, then activated the device.

You shouldn't have to go this route, but if all else fails, first, try to get another sim card from t-mobile, and then, do the steps I outlined at the very beginning..
0 Likes
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Fold
Sounds like an eSIM situation, is it?

0 Likes
userOL37gV51YI
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

This is the email I received from Samsung. It must be a global issue because I did not contact them yet. 

userOL37gV51YI_0-1661346455309.png

0 Likes
DarkmanSec
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
You have to wait until the release date if in the US, our carriers won't activate prior to release
0 Likes
shojivic
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
Official release date is this August 26th, I believe. I received my Samsung direct purchase yesterday afternoon (Aug 23rd). I used Smart Switch to transfer all my settings from my unlocked Fold 3 5G, and popped in my T-mobile Sim card immediately. Absolutely zero delays or start-up problems. Try a restart after removing/reinstalling the sim, and make sure the sim card is inserted perfectly.
0 Likes
DarkmanSec
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
Yeah, some users are having more luck. Depends on if the carrier can map the imei to a device in the system backend I believe, and some may not enable the fold or flip 4 until the 26th
0 Likes
userOL37gV51YI
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

Did you get Tmobile version or Unlocked Version?

0 Likes
shojivic
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
Unlocked, always. Never needed it from Samsung pre-configured for T-mobile since my Note 10+ Ultra. Each & every time, my T-mobile sim installed & started without any trouble. I never go in to a store! Been with T-mobile since 2011 (back when they were a joke)!