Original topic:

Predictive text and auto correct - significant errors

(Topic created: 01-22-2024 02:12 AM)
LW_AZ_Fold
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Does anyone have a solution for the horrible autocorrect and predive text (suggests words that are not real even) on the samsung fold. I have had Notes in the past and did not have these ptoblems. Is it possible that it is even fetting worse the longer I have this phone? I am very much regreting soending a ton of money to get a 1T Fold and be constabtly remindibg of how much of a bad decision it was. Please, can someone help - how do I fix this issue??? I hqve downloaded google keyboard but phone will not let me use it. I do not want to switch phone manufacturers but at this point it seems like it may be the only option because this is rediculously frustrating to just get through even writing this, which more time was spent manually guxing messed up spellings than writing yge whole thing! 

Also, anyone have any ideas of how to get a vettter fit on buds plus pro? I've ordered so many types of tips to try keeping the buds from falling out that ive almost spent as much money on tips that I did on the Buds. Does anyone know of a better option???
6 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold
When you say you can't use Gboard, what kind of problem are you experiencing when you try to set it up? Regarding your Buds, do you have the Buds Plus, the Buds Pro, the Buds 2 Pro? There is no model called Buds Plus Pro.
LW_AZ_Fold
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
I can get Gboard to download but the keyboard is not available in all of the apps.
Sorry for confusion on buds - they are Buds 2 Pro
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold
When you go to the Gboard app itself, it should prompt you to set it as the default keyboard. Does this happen? As for the Buds 2 Pro, have other earbuds fit well in the past? Personally, the Buds Pro were a horrible fit for me, but the Buds 2 Pro have been amazing. As everyone's ears are different, you will likely have to continue shopping around for tips that work best for you.
0 Likes
Dee0324
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Where are you trying to download the gboard from that it won't let you even download it? I had the same problem with my flip five as far as text and talk wasn't even close to what I'm trying to say I would have to delete and end up typing anyway but I found it to be with so far all my Samsung phone using the Samsung keyboard so I just went to play store downloaded the gboard and it has been perfect since
0 Likes
CountMoriarty
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold

Same issue. Attached is an image of Word Replace giving a completely stupid edit to non-existent word when I have typed in a real word "doorbell". There are countless other times that it does this, switching a real word I have typed perfectly into a different word or another stupid combo. Sometimes adding 'ing' or changing one letter to make a different word such as changing "pull" to "full". When it comes to correctly spelled words, I'd like samsung keyboard to consider that I might just be the one that actually knows what I meant to say.

I don't want to disable the setting because it has huge potential with slightly mistyped words, but my request is for an update that prevents it from retconning flawlessly typed real words!

Screenshot_20240122_114757_WhatsApp.png

ā€ƒ

0 Likes
jbjbjbjbjb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Mine is almost unbearable. Literally every single time I type "for" my phone changes it to...F o e (the F capitalized). I tell it to forget the word about every day and it won't stop.
0 Likes