JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S Pen Pro proximity warning on zfold

(Topic created: 10-30-2023 04:02 PM)
Rayzer
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold

Before I buy a Pro pen will I get this notification when I'm only using it on my S9 Ultra tablet? Samsung doesn't really state what the difference is between the pro version and the one that comes with my tablet and z-fold phone.

Clip Studio paint companion mode screen

I'm using my z-fold phone as a companion with my S9 Ultra tablet. While using the S Pen from my tablet I get a warning on my phone that it is incompatible even though I am not using it on the phone. I am using my index finger to select the tools and the tablets S Pen is in my palm with it's proximity setting the warning off.
What would be even better, is there was a way to turn this warning off since I am not damaging the screen with my finger?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold
If you have the S Pen Pro set to the Tablet mode, I would expect to see the warning on the Fold.

View solution in context

12 Replies
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy Fold
The S Pen Pro has a switch. You would flip it to Fold to use it with a Fold.
Rayzer
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
That's my question. I'm not using it on my z-fold. I just want the proximity warning to not be displayed. Consequently I don't need to set it for use on the z-fold. Would it still warn me if I was only using it in the tablet mode? And what is the difference other than the retractable nib on the z-fold pen?
0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy Fold
If you have the S Pen Pro set to the Tablet mode, I would expect to see the warning on the Fold.
Zrnie
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Ugh...

I hope Samsung doesn't follow Apple's evil ways by certification of components.

I definitely can understand that you want to use the default Samsung endorsed product but at the end of the day the consumer only has so much money for hardware etc

Had a similar issue with my S21U certified pen when trying to use it on another device released after it.

Oh well... Thanks for the warning
blazeBark
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
You'll get that warning if you attempt to use an S Pen on a Z Fold that wasn't designed for it due to them not having pressure-based retractable tip technology to protect the delicate folding screen from permanent indents (when the pen is used properly, of course) - this has nothing to do with component certification. If that was the case, then why can you pair more than one S Pen to your device?
Zrnie
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
I actually have to use two separate devices myself. But now I have the work phone on my Flip5. Way easier to carry since I cannot use eSIM and Samsung doesn't have a dual SIM phone here that I am willing to downgrade to lol
Benten17
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
I get that same warning when using the wireless charger dash mount in my car, only after it's reached %100. I have yet to figure out how to turn that warning off....Interesting...
0 Likes
Rayzer
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
I have a built-in wireless charger in my car also. Unfortunately when I upgraded from my Note to the z-fold it no longer fits in the space because it's too thick. I offered to trade my car for my girlfriend's Lexus since her iPhone will fit in mine.
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold

If I have my  Pen Pro in the S-Pen position, I only get that warning if I physically touch the awake screen of my Fold 5.  My Pen Pro is synced with my Fold 5 and also allowed on my Tab S8 Ultra with the "allow Multiple S-Pens" toggle. 

When I have my Pen Pro in the Z Fold position, it works on both devices, including drawing in Gallery without changing the switch [position but it will not work in Samsung Notes or in Clip Studio... For that it must be in the S-Pen Mode. 

So from my experience, there is no proximity Interraction between the Fold 5 and Tab S8U, the Fold must be touched while awake for that message to pop up. 

The devices sit an inch apart. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes