JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S Pen falling out of the case

(Topic created: 08-21-2023 09:23 AM)
manfromva
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Samsung needs to revisit this new spen and case for the Fold 5. I almost lost my spen today because it spins and falls out of the case. Checking youtube, It seems I'm not the only one having this issue. Now this case cost $100, and there is no reason the pen should fall out of it under any circumstances. I shouldn't have to leave it at home (as my wife suggested) for fear of losing it. That defeats the purpose of the pen and the case. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hello, Welcome to the Community! We are aware that in some instances, the S Pen may not fully click into the Galaxy Z Fold5 Slim S Pen Case. Customers who may experience this can exchange their existing case for a new case by contacting Samsung Care by calling 1-800 SAMSUNG or contacting the store or website where the case was purchased.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
So sorry this is happening! Have you found the cause of why the SPen could be slipping out? I don't have this case to test myself, but it's possible this could be a defect.
manfromva
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
The silo is too wide or the pen is too thin. The spen has too much freedom to spin and therefore will randomly fall out. For now I've placed a small piece of scotch tape on the pen as a temporary fix. Search YouTube for "Samsung z fold 5 spen case defective" to see it. The YouTubers handle is thedigitaldigest.
manfromva
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Perhaps. People on Reddit are telling me that it may be an issue with the blue case, which I have. I may exchange for the graphite and see how it goes.
Mountain Dew
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

This may seem silly, but some of the folks I've seen with the issue (not all) have been storing the pen upside down, which does affect it.

0 Likes
userkDZmrhlhpz
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I've got a replacement case (blue) and it seems much better then the first one. Idk if it will hold on over time but right now bit is good. There is still tiny bit of 'play' in the slot where pen sits but it is still very secure. I read somewhere that PEN NEEDS TO BE INSERTED TIP DOWN, BUTTON - OUT. It is really important. When I inserted it (in the new case) with button facing into the case, it was very loose but didn't fall out. The first defective case - pen was loose both ways. The new one works if inserted correct way.
manfromva
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Interesting. My new case arrives Sept 12th, so I'll see then. I'm hoping they've fixed the issue for good considering it takes so long to get a new one. Maybe a new batch.
0 Likes
userkDZmrhlhpz
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I literally got the same batch - from 06.09.29. Idk what the deal with it. Today my pen span once in the slot. Not good, but stays out for now and not falling out. Observing as of now. I will probably put tape fix next (if it gets loose). Not exchanging anymore. Maybe tape inside the slot will help. Don't want to wrap the pen. When the case wears out I might consider to buy new one in different color.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hello, Welcome to the Community! We are aware that in some instances, the S Pen may not fully click into the Galaxy Z Fold5 Slim S Pen Case. Customers who may experience this can exchange their existing case for a new case by contacting Samsung Care by calling 1-800 SAMSUNG or contacting the store or website where the case was purchased.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes