JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to add Microsoft Exchange account

(Topic created: 08-28-2023 04:44 PM)
uservvA4dzntez
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

I just upgraded from a Fold 4 to a Fold 5.  I used Smart Switch to move everything from my 4 to the 5.  Except, when I went to use Microsoft Outlook on my Fold 5, I have not been able to add my old Microsoft Exchange email account from my Fold 4.  Big problem since it is my main business account.   Microsoft has tried to help and got stuck because when they told me to "add an account"   Microsoft Exchange does not show up in the list of the type of account that can be added.   Anyone have a solution.  Thank you.  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
uservvA4dzntez
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

All:  I was able to resolve my situation.  The issue is not Microsoft.  However, if you are trying to load a Microsoft Exchange email account to a Fold 5, you need to go to Settings> Accounts and Backups> Manage Accounts> Add Account> Exchange.  It is confusing because the Exchange option has the colors and styling of Google but it will in fact take you to Microsoft Exchange.  Follow the instructions and you should be fine.  I did and my account loaded right up. 

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
uservvA4dzntez
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

All:  I was able to resolve my situation.  The issue is not Microsoft.  However, if you are trying to load a Microsoft Exchange email account to a Fold 5, you need to go to Settings> Accounts and Backups> Manage Accounts> Add Account> Exchange.  It is confusing because the Exchange option has the colors and styling of Google but it will in fact take you to Microsoft Exchange.  Follow the instructions and you should be fine.  I did and my account loaded right up.