JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Update eliminated landscape lock screen

(Topic created: 04-01-2024 08:44 AM)
usereAkajefmUo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
I used to use my zfold 5 opened at 90 degrees as a bedside clock. Latest update doesn't allow you to set lock screen to landscape mode. Anyone got a fix for this? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold
Check Galaxy Store as I saw an AOD update today. My AOD does go into landscape and the Auto Rotate settings do have AOD as an option
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor

View solution in context

4 Replies
bill-e
Options
Galaxy Fold

Pull down the Quick Menu and tap the Edit icon to the left of the Power icon.  Locate the Auto Rotate icon and add it back into the Quick Menu. 

If not there then:

Press and hold the Power and Vol Down buttons until the phone reboots to soft reset it. 

If the icon doesn't show up then try

Turn off the device 

* Connect to a computer via USB

Press and hold Volume Up + Power buttons simultaneously till the device logo appears

When it logo appears, release Power button but hold the others few more seconds

Release all the buttons when Recovery Mode screen appears

You can use the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons to scroll up or down, and the Power button to select

Using the Vol Down rocker, select Wipe Cache Partition

Press the Power button to select 

Use the Vol Down button to select Repair Apps

Use the power button to select

Use the Vol Down button to select Restart

Use the power button to select

* Some devices need to be connected to a computer in order to enter the Recovery Mode.          

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
usereAkajefmUo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Thanks I have auto rotate. It will go into landscape mode in normal use. Issue is AOD clock can't be set to landscape. Options aren't available in settings like they used to be
0 Likes
Solution
bill-e
Options
Galaxy Fold
Check Galaxy Store as I saw an AOD update today. My AOD does go into landscape and the Auto Rotate settings do have AOD as an option

Bill
---
usereAkajefmUo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Thank you sir I'd never set it from inside auto rotate settings. Prior I'd accessed it through settings, lock screen and set it to landscape. That worked thank you!