JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

AKG Bundled Earbuds Not Being Detected

(Topic created: 03-18-2020 12:46 PM)
userhmbuaC6lH7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

The AKG earbuds that came with the phone (USB type-C) is not working when I plug it into my phone. I have no other means of finding out if they work with other devices as everyone else in my household is with Apple. 

Problem: When I plug the earbuds into the phone, the phone will still play music through its speakers and Not through tht e earbuds. I have tried waiting a little bit and it's still not working. I have cleared the cache partition and downloaded the app: Samsung Type-C. To no avail, the phone is still playing sound through the speakers. Charging the phone is completely fine though..

Any other suggestions Samsung? These are the only earbuds that I have because I lost my Gear iconX a couple weeks ago.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
77 Replies
userDi9pAP7oWz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Same problem here. AKG Earbuds and Bose earbuds work fine on laptop, but S20 dose not recognize them anymore. 

0 Likes
userKNP0IPsZ9c
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi All, 

I'm facing the same issue the phone does not recognise the headset, instead is showing as "Charging connected device via USB".

I dont know why Samsung is not solving the issue.

0 Likes
userY4URttADxe
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

My Notes headphones now dont work suddenly at all when plugged in also the original usb charger is dropping in and out of connectivity, as of 09/01/2021 

I took it to a very reputable phone shop to look at it was thouroughly checked for moisture and had the usb port replaced with original parts and tried the port with original Samsung headphones brand new out of a fresh box and still the same problem, was told it is definately a software issue.

0 Likes
userDZlVI6w5cT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I just tried something that seems to have worked.

I had the same symptoms everyone else was reporting: the earbuds would not take over as sound device from the speakers, and messages saying a USB device was connected and then disconnected would appear continuously. 

I went into Settings and then Developer Options (these may be hidden), under that there's an option called "Default USB configuration". Under that I selected "Charge phone only". This appeared to correct the problem. 

Other choices of default configuration such as USB tethering seem to work too, but charge only seemed safest. I suspect the issue may have occurred because no default was set. 

0 Likes
userHsRJqhWd9e
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hey there..

I was experiencing the same problem but I managed to figure out what the problem was. If you go to your settings and you go to your usb-c settings, there you'll find "disable USB audio routing" under developer options. Click right there and once you're in, under media you'll see that the icon is switched on..you have to switch it off and from there your headphones should detect. If they don't, retry everything with your headphones connected and while your music is playing and switch off the icon, it should work.👍🏾

userY4URttADxe
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Didnt work for me im considering chucking them and getting some wireless buds and guess what...yep they wont be the terrible.! Samsung ones.

0 Likes
userIUxFuswY56
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Finally this was the answer 

Thank you so much you saved me after more than 3 months cannot solve this, your answer here solved it for more

0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 3/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes
userHujKNjgxBP
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi,

I would like to share my experiance with that. Few days ago it happened to my phone as well - it stopped recognizing AKB earbuds or Dragonfly DAC (it was working fine few days ago for a year). My phone also stopped recognizing USB flash drive. Everything else worked correctly: charging, PC connectivity, DEX via PC, android-auto ... everything which didn't require giving power to additionall device.

I searched a lot for the solution and tried everything I've found: cleared cache, cleaned usb slot and even did factory reset - nothing helped.

I knew my AKG earbuds are OK - connected to a different phone they are working fine.

I've tried 'Samsung Members' app and tested the earbuds - they were not recognized. 

Just a moment ago I had a chance to test my earbuds on another Note 10+ and it worked - no big suprise. 

But the VERY BIG supprise to me was - that, after I tested that on the other phone - it started to work on mine!!!

Now all is working fine again

Samsung - can you explain what could happened here?

Thanks,
Michal

0 Likes
userY4URttADxe
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Be interesting to hear the reply from Samsung on that one, my akgs dont work at all and usb charger connectivity is below par, have had parts replaced but still issues remain. Was told software issues.

0 Likes