JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Couldn't open connection to server

(Topic created: 08-11-2019 07:27 AM)
MILSnIO
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Since update I have continually gotten this pop up message with no explanation as to why.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
86 Replies
userbJ48Tk5TJA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Mine did also...have you found another resolution?

0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userbJ48Tk5TJA What troubleshooting steps have you tried in reagards to your issue?

0 Likes
userwRsQb6EJdd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This worked for a little while but it's back and resetting the connection settings isn't working anymore. I feel like it has something to do with my Verizon FIOS, but I really have no idea. 

@Big-Bad-Brad wrote:

@MILSnIO wrote:

Since update I have continually gotten this pop up message with no explanation as to why.

I had same identical problem. Popping up every 15 seconds after sending a text message. I tried safe mode, deleted cache partition, force stopped app, did everything in the world to stop it. Nothing worked until someone on another forum suggested this. 

Settings > connections > more connection settings > reset network connections. This WILL solve your problem, but you'll have to re-enter your WiFi passwords and re sync all your Bluetooth connections. But it will fix it! 

0 Likes
userFR2mJtgoQO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have AT&T and mine wont stop doing it either. I've done all the above.

usersppCgKdlcx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I am having the same problems as well, is there a fix?

0 Likes
alm4hope
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Thank you! I think it worked!

@Big-Bad-Brad wrote:

@MILSnIO wrote:

I had same identical problem. Popping up every 15 seconds after sending a text message. I tried safe mode, deleted cache partition, force stopped app, did everything in the world to stop it. Nothing worked until someone on another forum suggested this. 

Settings > connections > more connection settings > reset network connections. This WILL solve your problem, but you'll have to re-enter your WiFi passwords and re sync all your Bluetooth connections. But it will fix it! 

Audrey
0 Likes
userv6HFWmLgns
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Mine is still doing it and I have tried this solution 6 times

@Big-Bad-Brad wrote:

@MILSnIO wrote:

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userv6HFWmLgns Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usery9QibuEWXw
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I tried what you said but I didn't work...😥 Thank you for the suggestion though. Can you help?

userP8LWxLTsUq
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have been having this problem for the last 3 days. I have done everything suggested:

Soft reset

Cleared cache partition

Reset network settings

Etc, etc

Resetting the network settings seems to work but only temporarily. After approximately 2 hours after resetting the network the message is back. My phone is also using my data even when showing active wifi. When I reset the network, the data stops being used but then starts back up again at the same time the message reappears. If anyone has more suggestions please help! I also uninstalled recent app downloads too.

0 Likes