JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Home page randomly switched to another page

(Topic created: 12-26-2022 12:41 PM)
rondesgr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Today, when I swapped up for my home page, a different page showed up. I pressed on the page and found the home page icon highlighted at the top of the screen. How do I get my leftmost page back to being my home page? I have a Samsung Note 20 ultra running android 13 and One UI 5.0.
9 Replies
rondesgr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Ok, after some experimenting, I solved this by inserting a blank page to the right of undesired home page. I then moved all the apps in that bogus home page to the blank page. Next, I moved my original home page to the right of the bogus page, and continued to move all the other pages to the right of my desired home page. Finally, I deleted the undesired home page which automatically made my home page THE home page. Sheesh! If there was a simplier option, it wasnt an obvious setting - one that should exist over the top of pages in edit mode.

Hope this help someone.
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Long press the home screen, swipe to the screen you want as home and then tap the grayed out home icon up top and it will light up white.
rondesgr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Thanks, K-man. That was one of the 1st things I tried. The home icon would never change when quick or long-pressed. 🤔
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
This won't turn white if you tap it? It does for me. Screenshot_20221226_123540_One UI Home_1000000267_1672086941.jpg
0 Likes
rondesgr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
No change. I was expecting the icon to change with a tap or a long press, but it remains dim. I've also tried after clearing the cache and rebooting.
0 Likes
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Did you run the repair apps option in recovery mode?
Solution
rondesgr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Oooooo, I didn't know about 'repair apps'! I ran it then long-pressed on a non-home page and was able to click on the home page icon changing to high-lighted status. If I scrolled to another page, the home icon wouldn't changed. So I had to get out of that edit mode, move to my desired page, long-press for edit mode. Then I could change that page into home status. Thanks!
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Teamwork makes the dream work!
0 Likes
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
For reference. Screenshot_20221226_123633_One UI Home_1000000268_1672086993.jpg
0 Likes