Original topic:

How can I check & disable "call forwarding" on Note 8 [N950U]?

(Topic created: 03-07-2024 06:11 PM)
bbblondie
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

A friend called me earlier and asked what was up with my phone, as they tried calling several times prior and was getting some weird message.. (she doesnt recall what it said though). Then, just a little bit ago I tried placing a call that it vibrated as if they picked up the phone, but there was only silence. I hung up and tried the call again, but this time when it vibrated like someone answered the call, I looked at the screen and I saw a little text info box appear that said " call forwarded ".

I never set up any kind of call forwarding on my phone and the option to disable it through the phone app settings is missing. So how do I find out where the calls are being forwarded to, and how do I disable it??

0 Likes
8 Replies
PACritic
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Dial *73 to disable
bbblondie
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
For some reason my phone will not dial/complete any of those codes. It won't even dial a number if it has a "1" in front of it, (i.e. 1-800 numbers). I can't even get into my voicemail because of it šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€:female_sign:
0 Likes
Robin621k
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
You should call your provider immediately and asked them what number your phone was being forwarded to.

You should also try from another phone to call your number, to hear what is on the other end
bbblondie
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Contacted and they don't see anything being forwarded. So I have no idea what's going on with it. I think time for a new device, lol. Anyone know any good current promos happening? šŸ˜…
0 Likes
Robin621k
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Who is your provider?
Are you on an upper teir plan?

What phone do you currently have?
0 Likes
bbblondie
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
VZW & Note 8 atm, waiting to be able to get my S21 Ultra repaired.
0 Likes
Belaythatorder
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
You can try clearing the phone app's cache/data and force stopping it which will revert it back to the original settings. Open device settings (cogwheel icon)>apps>phone>storage> clear cache/data>force stop>restart phone.
caleb9092
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Try going into dialer and typing ##002# and call it
0 Likes