Original topic:

I lost $50,000 worth of BTC! My Secure Folder got hacked?

(Topic created: 7 hours ago)
m_20587
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello, about six months ago, I lost $50,000 worth of BTC, it seems my secure folder was hacked. Let me explain what happened, and I would appreciate any comments you might have.

I installed Trust Wallet in the secure folder on my Note 20, with no other apps in there. It's more than 3 years which i am using this wallet on my phone without any problem till now, I should mention that I had many other apps and games in the main area of my phone. I thought that by keeping Trust Wallet in the secure folder, my funds would be safe even if my phone were infected with malware.

Unfortunately, My Trust Wallet containing the BTC, valued at $50,000, had been emptied. This happened about 24 hours after I deposited to the wallet.

0 Likes
3 Replies
m_20587
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I'm grappling with a concern about whether the withdrawal from my BTC wallet was actually a hack or if someone physically accessed the note where I keep my backup codes. I'm unsure how secure the safe folder really is! I should mention that there were about 120 games and apps installed on my phone, but not on Secure Folder.

0 Likes
PrivacyandSecurity
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Was the entire phone encrypted? What about an always on VPN? You have to layer your security these days.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@m_20587 "...or if someone physically accessed the note where I keep my backup codes."

Probably very likely. Humans doing things like this are the weakest part of security on a device. 

0 Likes