JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Lost ability to edit in Gallery

(Topic created: 03-25-2020 04:57 AM)
user7IcdCzTsJF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Whenever I click the pencil icon to edit, it tells me allow permission in settings. Next to it in blue, the settings do nothing when clicked on.
There is absolutely nothing I can find in settings>apps>gallery>gallery settings to turn on any permission. In the gallery app info, all 4 permissions are enabled.
Anyone have an idea where I can find the permission needed? Gallery version 11.0.00.31. So far I cleared data and cashe. Can this version be re installed from somwhere?

Best regards,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I think that it is probably asking you to give Photo Editor the permission. Try this:

1. Open Settings
  2. Click Apps
  3. From the 3 dot menu select "Show system apps"
  4. Search for Photo Editor
  5. After clicking on the Photo Editor entry, click on Permissions.
  6. Ensure that "Storage" is allowed. 

View solution in context

5 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I think that it is probably asking you to give Photo Editor the permission. Try this:

1. Open Settings
  2. Click Apps
  3. From the 3 dot menu select "Show system apps"
  4. Search for Photo Editor
  5. After clicking on the Photo Editor entry, click on Permissions.
  6. Ensure that "Storage" is allowed. 
user7IcdCzTsJF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

LongHiker, thank you so much for your reply!

Whilst I did search previously for photo editor, I never thought of “Show system apps”. I now have it back as it was and can edit.

Thank you again.

Kind regards,

SusanPola
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thanks, Longhiker. It worked.

0 Likes
SusanPola
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I'm also having this problem. This is very recent, say within the last few hours. My phone is a Galaxy S10 Note Plus, and I don't see what you're suggesting might fix it. I need step by step simple instructions. 

Please help

0 Likes
LadyGray4110
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

When you choose a photo and press the edit pencil, it may say something like this...."to enable this feature, permissions are needed, go to Settings. The word "settings" should be highlighted...click it. You should see the Photo Editor app pop-up. Scroll down to Permissions. Choose allow Storage.  Exit out of the apps. Go back the Gallery app and choose a pic to edit. Hopefully that should do it. Or you can go directly to phone settings, locate the Photo Editor app and allow permissions. Avoid the Gallery app as will not work that way.

0 Likes