JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Hidden albums in my Gallery are showing as an option in picture editing app?

(Topic created: 02-03-2024 11:44 AM)
420bunny
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

In my Gallery, I have chosen to Hide a cupl albums in there. Then today I was trying to edit a photo in a free picture editing app off Play Store & I see one of my hidden albums as an option to select a photo to edit using that free app when I went to open an image.

Is that how that's supposed to work? Shouldn't the album be technically hidden from that view accessible by another app until I unhide them? I thot this was the point but it's showing up every place but the Gallery app which I get this bit it seems strange that it's not hidden anyway else? It's for securing albums so others don't access it or delete them.

Thanks for the help!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
The selected albums are just hidden from view in the Gallery app. They will still be accessible and visible in other places. I recommend creating a Secure Folder for storing pictures that might require a bit more privacy.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
The selected albums are just hidden from view in the Gallery app. They will still be accessible and visible in other places. I recommend creating a Secure Folder for storing pictures that might require a bit more privacy.
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Here is a little more detail about it1706997611656.jpg
0 Likes