Original topic:

Managing app folders

(Topic created: 03-19-2024 09:21 AM)
userfFpNH0irYs
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I have app folders that appear on home screen but not in apps screen (when swipe up from bottom). Also have duplicate app icons and, sometimes, multiple folders with the same name and slightly different content. Can someone help me understand what I'm missing on how to organize apps and home screen across all the views of apps and folders? I assume I am not understanding some fundamental differences between app lists and home screen views/custimization. I don't want to uninstall/delete apps by accident in the process or start from scatch with 100s of apps.. Galaxy Note 8.
3 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userfFpNH0irYs The organization of the home screens and the app screen are completely separate. Having a folder in one does not mean that the folder exists in the other. 

All apps are on the app screen. If you delete an app from the app screen, it is deleted from your device.

The only apps on the home screens are ones that you have chosen to add to home screen. If you delete an icon here, the app still remains on your device and shows in the app screen. 

Hopefully this helps.

userfFpNH0irYs
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Thanks!
0 Likes
MelissaD
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
As far as the folders with the same name and slightly different content, review them and decide what to keep and if they are even the same. You can remove duplicate files by going to MY FILES怋Analyze Storage怋Duplicate Files. Then check off the boxes of the duplicate files you want to delete.
0 Likes