Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra. What are optimal Battery and Charging Settings and habits?

(Topic created: 07-28-2024 12:51 PM)
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I just read somewhere that using Super Fast Charging and so on, is not good for the Battery.
I think there are three Levels of Speed for Charging in the Settings. What experiences has anyone had?

Also any opinions on whether Settings the Battery to only charge to 85 percent?

Someone in the Community gave me really insightful tips about how to create a Sleep Mode, and during that time, allow the phone to limit to 85, whereas during the day, allow 100 percent.

I didn't trade in my Note 20 Ultra because it is enough phone for me at this time. I did not want to be stuck with a 3 year Contract, no matter the terms.

Thoughts. Comments?
3 Replies
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
super fast charge is awesome and doesn't hurt the battery. what you want to make sure of is once the phone is charged to unplug it.

keeping it plugged in is what ruins the battery life.

there are a few modes & routines for battery life, announcing when fully charged etc and I have my battery setting on adaptive. here is qr code for my custom announcement. I didn't like how the built one was. you need routines+ in good lock though to import1722199550015.jpgGet notified when fully charged_1000179128_1722199573.png
0 Likes
St3v3C
Sun
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
You are incorrect. The circuitry in the new systems is designed to stop charging once a full charge is detected. Leaving super fast on, and leaving connected to charger does no damage. You can, however, periodically condition the battery by using until it's very nearly out of power, then recharging fully.
In short, the default settings for charging and leaving on the charger do not hurt it
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
0 Likes