Original topic:

Pch scam

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Members_itYmPDX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I received a fb message from an old friend. We said hello to one another then she said she saw my name on the pch list. I asked what the pch list was. I googled it and noticed it was a scam. As I was calling her mom I looked at the time. Top left corner of phone world clock said 8pm so I continued to call. after there was no answer I noticed on my phone screen it was al.ost 10. Turns out my world. Lock was changed to Afghanistan time 8am in Kabul. It's also on text messages. I scanned phone and it didn't detect anything. So how was this done and what can I do take sure this person hasn't invaded my phone any further? #galaxynote10 #pchscam
2 Replies
userra
Sun
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Under the news it mentions there are issues with the clock and all users should update their clock and other settings that require updates usually it prompts me. If you think you're a victim of a scam, report it online to ftc dot gov
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@Members_itYmPDX It wasn't really your friend reaching out to you it was a scammer. The PCH (Publisher's Clearing house) scam entails someone calling you and claiming that you have one a prize. Then they ask you to send money so that they can send you your prize. Luckily you recognized what it was and didn't send any money. 

That had nothing to do with your clock changes. 

0 Likes