JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Phone Calls Dropping - No Sim Card message

(Topic created: 09-20-2021 02:26 AM)
userpfZZXl1MIm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I am seeing multiple people report the same issue as me and the majority are also on the same phone as me - Note 10 Plus. How can we get someone to look into this? This started happening close to 2-3 weeks ago. My phone will flash "No Sim" on the left hand corner and my signal will be gone. It will come back after 5 seconds. It happens multiple times an hour. It's annoying and unreliable. I have looked at the phone fast enough to catch a "Call cannot be transitioned to Wi-Fi and continues over cellular network." message flash on the bottom of the phone when my calls are dropped. But my phone Wifi is completely off. Not just not connected to Wifi, whole service is OFF! Wifi Calling is also off! 

I was sent a new Sim Card by at ATT and that didn't fix anything. I also reset my network settings and still seeing the issue. Please look into this matter. 

Build: RP1A.200720.012.N975USQS7FUH8

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi, I am sorry to hear you are experiencing dropped calls and a no SIM error message. If your phone is dropping calls occasionally, it is most likely a signal issue. However, frequently dropped calls may happen because of a damaged or inappropriately inserted SIM card. Other times, the phone may have physical or liquid damage. There are a few appropriate troubleshooting methods, such as rebooting your phone, performing a software update, or doing a factory reset. Try these troubleshooting steps here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001240/

If the troubleshooting steps do not help, please reach out to your carrier for further assistance, if they are unable to resolve the situation, service would be the next step. You can take your phone to any local ubreakifix. 

View solution in context

8 Replies
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
You might want to backup and Factory reset your phone and See if that fixes the Problem. I would also take a Screen recording and go to your Local At&t Phone store an show them the screen recording
0 Likes
Stokesx7
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I tried a full factory reset the other night and I'm still having same issue. US Cellular doesn't have WIFI calling in my area so my calls just drop or I just never receive them. I'm still getting the same message "No Sim Card Inserted"
0 Likes
jeanboyx3
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Same issue.
0 Likes
useru3Ngby7GG6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Same issue, started this Month on CDMA network. I have tried a new SIM, all updates, and factory reset.

0 Likes
Members_Bdtjdic
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Have you tried turning off Google location Accuracy? 

0 Likes
user0CarEE2zC9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
The same thing is happening with me. It started on 9-9-21 after the last update. I've gone thru all options and the issue is not fixed yet.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi, I am sorry to hear you are experiencing dropped calls and a no SIM error message. If your phone is dropping calls occasionally, it is most likely a signal issue. However, frequently dropped calls may happen because of a damaged or inappropriately inserted SIM card. Other times, the phone may have physical or liquid damage. There are a few appropriate troubleshooting methods, such as rebooting your phone, performing a software update, or doing a factory reset. Try these troubleshooting steps here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001240/

If the troubleshooting steps do not help, please reach out to your carrier for further assistance, if they are unable to resolve the situation, service would be the next step. You can take your phone to any local ubreakifix. 

OlySus
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I am having the same issue with my S10. I've done all the steps including factory reset already. Has anyone resolved this yet? Could you help me please?

0 Likes