JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

String of photos show below selected photo in Gallery

(Topic created: 03-12-2021 10:53 AM)
androidhate
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

When I select "gallery ", a string of other photos show up below the selected photo.  I don't recall this happening before.   It's annoying. How do I stop this from happening?

0 Likes
12 Replies
MelissaD
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Try closing your gallery app, then reopen it. It shouldn't show up as a string of photos at the bottom.
What you are describing sounds like you are actually in your camera app. When my camera app is open, I see the same string of photos as well if I have taken pictures. If you hit the back button at the top left of the camera app, you won't see a string of photos. The string of photos are the photos you have taken, shown like a piece of film.
0 Likes
androidhate
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
nope that string is there no matter what. Once I sent a photo to someone and that string was sent also. very aggravating.
0 Likes
MelissaD
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
try clearing the cache on camera app.
0 Likes
androidhate
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
and how would one do that?
0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

You can clear the cache of the camera app by using the steps in this video. http://bit.ly/3vhclUr

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
androidhate
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
done! has no effect on string of pictures shown below selected photo in gallery. this seems to be a new feature from recent updates. I still don't want it and would love to know if it can be deleted.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've tested this on our test devices with the Android 11 update. When first opening the Gallery, you would just see your pictures. However, when you select a specific picture, it gives you the next few pictures listed in your Gallery. I also am not finding a way to disable this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

androidhate
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
yep, you got it. must be an "11" update. annoying!
0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I certainly understand. I will submit this as feedback for you.