JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Turning off Bixby voice wake-up when there are no voice wake-up options in settings.

(Topic created: 02-22-2019 12:25 PM)
userukvFSEFLyv
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've been searching how to do this and I can't find it.  Everything I'm reading says to go to Bixby settings and turn off the voice option.  I don't have a voice option under my settings.  Anyone know how to turn it off so I can use my camera's voice control?  Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userukvFSEFLyv
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

It's a small bluish circle that I found out is Bixby listening.  I found on another site that I can press that and ask for Bixby settings, which I did and was able to find and turn off Bixby wakeup voice.  Now my voice commands on my camera works!!

View solution in context

17 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

What type of device are you using?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userukvFSEFLyv
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Oh sorry, should have mentioned that.  It's a Note 9.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

What version of Android is on your device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userukvFSEFLyv
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

8.1.0  Android 

0 Likes
Maor007
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Open Bixby by pressing the bixby button.

Press the 3 dots and then press settings.

Find voice wake-up and turn it off.

0 Likes
userukvFSEFLyv
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Nothing happens when I press the Bixby button.  If I hold it down a blue circle shows up at the top of the screen, but then goes away as soon as I let go of the button.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

If you tap the Bixby button what do you see?

0 Likes
Solution
userukvFSEFLyv
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

It's a small bluish circle that I found out is Bixby listening.  I found on another site that I can press that and ask for Bixby settings, which I did and was able to find and turn off Bixby wakeup voice.  Now my voice commands on my camera works!!

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Wonderful! I'm happy to hear you were able to turn off Bixby voice wake up. If you need any help in the future please don't hesitate to reach out to us again.

0 Likes