JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Turning off Bixby voice wake-up when there are no voice wake-up options in settings.

(Topic created: 02-22-2019 12:25 PM)
userukvFSEFLyv
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've been searching how to do this and I can't find it.  Everything I'm reading says to go to Bixby settings and turn off the voice option.  I don't have a voice option under my settings.  Anyone know how to turn it off so I can use my camera's voice control?  Thanks!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
17 Replies
usercNPTtFPdzF
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have a Samsung Note 8 and I can't turn the dang thing off so my camera will snap photos with voice commands either 😞

Does anyone have a step by step for a Samsung Note 8?

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Open Bixby by tapping the side button, click on the 3 dots in the top right corner, then go to settings, then voice wake-up and toggle off the wake up with Hi, Bixby

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userY5qbZM6BB2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi, Sir:

I had the same model and the issue as yours.

I called the tech support and got it fixed.

The way they used as following:

Step 1.  Go to Setting then General

Step 2. Go to " Accessbility"  (this is the tricky )

Step 3. Go to  VOICEGUIDE SETTING  then  turn it OFF

Exit

I  wondered  why nobody knew this except Samsung Tech.

Hope it will help although it seems too late.

James Zhang

June 23, 2020

0 Likes
userhxdHXBWZbI
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Where is the bluish circle 

0 Likes
user1C36OsNet2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

If you are using a Samsung Galaxy 9 plus you need to press the Bixby button and hold it ,it will open Bixby you have to agree to everything, once that is done it will open Bixby up and you can press the 3,or 4 dots for the settings the you will see the Bixby wake up voice there you can turn it off

0 Likes
userp0CROyPWf1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have the exactly same problem that there is no 'turn off' option from Setting. what else I can do to turn off the wake up then allow the camera voice control active please 

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userp0CROyPWf1 Have you tried the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this thread?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Caligirligirl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Go to APPS

CLICK BIXBY Voice SETTINGS (wheel gear icon)

Click Voice Wake up

Click toggle to turnOFF "Wake with 'Hi Bixby'"! 

Then go to your camera settings and update your shooting methods to voice commands.

I have a Galaxy Note 9, Android version 9.20191027_182434.jpg

Screenshot_20191027-182802_Bixby Voice.jpg

20191027_182522.jpg