Original topic:

Ultimate question about resolution, 4K, HDMI and USB-C

(Topic created: 10-27-2018 01:21 AM)
userSeUYXIGLva
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I would like to know the answers to these questions:

- What is the maximal supported ouput resolution in DeX mode for DeX station 2018?

- What is the maximal supported ouput resolution for DeX station 2018 when I am mirrowing the screen from my Note 9?

- What is the maximal supported ouput resolution in DeX mode for 3rd party USB-C to HDMI converters?

- What is the maximal supported ouput resolution for 3rd party USB-C to HDMI converters when I am mirrowing the screen from my Note 9?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userSeUYXIGLva
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Since nobody cares about the reply from Samsung staff, I will answer by myself.

- What is the maximal supported ouput resolution in DeX mode for DeX station 2018?

2960x1440

- What is the maximal supported ouput resolution for DeX station 2018 when I am mirrowing the screen from my Note 9?

Native of your TV, see detail down below.

- What is the maximal supported ouput resolution in DeX mode for 3rd party USB-C to HDMI converters?

FullHD: 1980x1080

- What is the maximal supported ouput resolution for 3rd party USB-C to HDMI converters when I am mirrowing the screen from my Note 9?

Native for TV, so it could be 4K but HDR content is lost, quality also. The output signal is probably upmixed from FullHD output from the Note 9. I've tested on YT with 4K HDR video. Mirroring produce the output with less details and no HDR information.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
userSeUYXIGLva
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Since nobody cares about the reply from Samsung staff, I will answer by myself.

2960x1440

Native of your TV, see detail down below.

FullHD: 1980x1080

Native for TV, so it could be 4K but HDR content is lost, quality also. The output signal is probably upmixed from FullHD output from the Note 9. I've tested on YT with 4K HDR video. Mirroring produce the output with less details and no HDR information.