Original topic:

Visual voicemail has no transcript?

(Topic created: a week ago)
DragonClaw
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I am on Firsnet and have been for years. Used to be able to read my voicemails with the Visual Voicemail app. Now it's just audio and has been for awhile. 

What's going on. 
15 Replies
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
What VVM app? What Note device? Some things to keep in mind older devices will lose support from the Carrier as security, code, OS updates happen. So without knowing all the parts no one can tell you. Could simply the carrier decided not to support your device with their apps or backend.
0 Likes
DragonClaw
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Note 20 5G Ultra and it never worked on this device. It worked on older models
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Try going back to your older device and see if it still works. If it doesn't it's 100% your carrier dropped support for older OS versions. Did you check your carrier forums to see if others have the same problem?
0 Likes
DragonClaw
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I don't have it anymore. Upgraded.

But I can ask firstnet but they're pretty useless. 80% are and its rare to get an agent that is competent
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Do they have a user forum like this one? If they do check there to see if someone has a fix or they stopped support for it.
0 Likes
DragonClaw
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I don't think so
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Is your phone a branded AT&T phone? Unlocked?
0 Likes
DragonClaw
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I am not sure if it's branded, but it's not unlocked
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
If you turn it on does it say AT&T? If it's unlocked and not a branded phone then not all features will work because unlocked devices do not have the correct files/apps/security from AT&T to work.
0 Likes