Original topic:

Wifi connection keeps dropping

(Topic created: a week ago)
userubSxD2r6qi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Hello. In the last week or 2 my phone keeps disconnecting from my home wifi network. It connects fine and stays connected on other networks but recently started on my home networking. No other devices in my house are having this issue. My phone will connect but will disconnect after about a few minutes not even. I can reconnect but then it just does the same thing. Anyone have this problem or a fix or anything? Thanks in advance 
14 Replies
3Fees
Sun
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Check to see your passwords in your phones are the same for the router.

Cheers
3Fees
userubSxD2r6qi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Thanks for the response. The password is correct. I removed the network and forgot it and logged in again. It logins and connects, but then loses connection. It's frustrating. It says the connection isn't strong, but when I run the test the signal is very strong.
0 Likes
3Fees
Sun
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Go online and login to your router. Check for attached devices the phones should be there and connecting 2.4ghz, 5ghz, or 6ghz if your router is an 6e router and your phone has 6e wifi chip. Could be your router needs your approval to add phones in, most do it automatically, yet they may be blocked. Another issue could be your router is overtaxed (many devices connected) on the connected bandwidth , thus weak connection signal.

What is the name and rating of your router ? Is it an ac, ax or axe router ? 1800, 3200, 6400 total bandwidth?

I have Wifi 6 AX3200 router.

Cheers
3Fees
0 Likes
userubSxD2r6qi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I will look into that. However, nothing has changed. I haven't added any new devices to the network or anything. I've had the router and phone for over a year and have never had an issue. It just started happening out of nowhere
0 Likes
3Fees
Sun
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
From Samsung:

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/mobile-devices/how-to-troubleshoot-a-galaxy-phone-that-wont-conne...

See if this gets your Galaxy phones connected. Big list of things to try.

Cheers
3Fees
0 Likes
userubSxD2r6qi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Thanks again for the information. I've tried everything in the link and am still having the same issue. I'm going to contact my service provider
0 Likes
Mayan_XJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
My wife and I are having the same issue with our s24 ultras
userubSxD2r6qi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
It's so frustrating. Makes me wonder what I did before wifi lol. Hope you get yours resolved soon. If I come across something that works I will keep you posted.
3Fees
Sun
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I found a post that said assigning a static IP address was a work around for wifi dropping on Samsung phones.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/threads/wifi-keeps-disconnecting-and-reconnecting.1064087/page-2

See if this keeps your phone(s) connected and give us the good news. šŸ™‚

Cheers
3Fees
0 Likes