Original topic:

Wifi connection keeps dropping

(Topic created: Thursday)
userubSxD2r6qi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Hello. In the last week or 2 my phone keeps disconnecting from my home wifi network. It connects fine and stays connected on other networks but recently started on my home networking. No other devices in my house are having this issue. My phone will connect but will disconnect after about a few minutes not even. I can reconnect but then it just does the same thing. Anyone have this problem or a fix or anything? Thanks in advance 
14 Replies
userubSxD2r6qi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Thanks for this info. I've tried everything and no luck. Samsung can not even pinpoint the reason. I've recently seen someone else having the same issue and no luck either.
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello, Welcome to the Community, and thank you for reaching out. We understand how frustrating it is for the phone to continuously disconnect from Wi-Fi.

This link contains the recommended troubleshooting for Wi-Fi concerns: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001559/

Other Members have also suggested steps such as turning off Google Location accuracy. Settings -> Location ->Location Services

Another suggestion is turning off Intelligent Wi-Fi: Settings/ Connections/ Wi-Fi/ Tap the top right 3 dots /Intelligent Wi-Fi and turning off automatically switch to data and switch to better Wi-Fi.

Have you also ran the diagnostics in the Members app under the support tab?

0 Likes
3Fees
Sun
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Must be your home wifi network since the wifi is good everywhere else.

Cheers
3Fees
0 Likes
userubSxD2r6qi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I've had my provider out. They tested the network and it's perfectly fine. Router was tested, perfectly fine. My Samsung watch and tablet are working perfectly fine. My laptop works perfectly fine. My playstation and pc run perfectly fine. Everything besides the phone. Someone mentioned that there is the possibility of a "bug" on some program on my phone that is not being detected or removed during a factory reset.
0 Likes
3Fees
Sun
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Okay, login to your to router management interface, go attached devices and see if the phones are listed there, since it's connected for a few minutes it should be listed there and showing what band 2.4ghz or 5ghz it's connected to, odds are it's it's being connected to 2.4ghz and either the router or the phone is trying to "handshake" to the 5ghz band and disconnects happen as the handshake or agreement on what band is going to be used is not happening. If this is not happening, then you need to prioritize the phones in bandwidth in the router management interface.

What router are you using? My router does tv, 3 laptops, Samsung phone, and tablet all at the same time, and no disconnects.

Cheers
3Fees
0 Likes