Original topic:

Add more features to samsung messages

(Topic created: Monday)
LottKingTutt
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Will samsung ever add more features to samsung messages? I know samsung probably has some agreements with google to make their messaging app the default messaging app, but samsung messages is the better choice in my opinion. For the fact that it is a native app and you can customize it in anyway you want to fit your liking.
6 Replies
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

it's possible they will, but it doesn't appear likely. I prefer Samsung's offering, too. and I say that after using Google Messages for 8 months.

Megistic
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I agree. I prefer Samsung message to Google message.
meself
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I prefer Samsung messages what features are you wanting or think should be added
LottKingTutt
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
The ability to react to messages, unsend messages, and full-screen message effects.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
All of your suggestions are based on RCS. Google backdoored reactions into Google messages, this is why Google messages is the only one to allow reactions in SMS.

In regards to Samsung adding new features, with the release of the s22 series Google messages has been the default. In terms of a messaging standard it's about time on Android.
I would assume at this point that Samsung messages is in maintenance mode until they finally deprecate it.
LottKingTutt
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Why can't samsung do the same since rcs is now the default communication standard?
0 Likes