Original topic:

AOD Issues

(Topic created: Thursday)
SourGirl33
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello.  If Samsung is listening, please fix the AOD that was destroyed back in late March in conjunction with the 6.1 UI update with the AI features not all of us even wanted.  So many basic AOD features long-time Galaxy owners have come to know disappeared.  That Good Lock/Lockstar app garbage workaround is not acceptable.  It was perfect as it was.  Looking at the Google Play store for the app, it appears there are many unhappy Galaxy owners.  If any progress has already been made on this, please update.  Thank you.

17 Replies
userozP4IOY6ws
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Bring back brightness control. bring back custom pictures for aod.
bring back change clock face and colors.
bring back the aod settings that you destroyed samsung.
What a horrible way to introduce ai by destroying tried, true, and loved settings. Come on does usless ai really need the aod memory space? Here's an idea remove AI.
MsVirgo87
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Brightness is in lockstar
userozP4IOY6ws
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
šŸ˜Š ty
0 Likes
MsVirgo87
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You're welcome
0 Likes
SourGirl33
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

That is one thing.  Many features disappeared and having to essentially use 2 amateur homemade apps to adjust brightness is absurd.  Samsung should be embarrassed and revert it back in an update.  In rolling out the UI 6.1, somebody **bleep** up big time!

Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
All of those features are available in Lockstar
0 Likes
userozP4IOY6ws
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Ty also
0 Likes
SourGirl33
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

No, they are not.  AOD is all messed up.  The basic way music was displayed, the size and different default colors for each different app notification icon, the simplicity of adjusting the brightness FROM the AOD rather than going to Lockstar, which looks like it was designed by an 8-year old.  They need to fix it properly.

Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
All the features that are listed in the message I REPLIED to are in Lockstar. I didn't say anything about the notification icons, and I didn't say it was more convenient. I simply said they were present.

And Goodlock is not an "amateur homemade app", it's an official Samsung app made by a dev team within the company and actually is a very powerful tool that is actually one of the selling points of Samsung devices for me. Most manufacturers do not have such a tool that allows for official customization, but gives people who don't want it the option to just not download it.

I understand your frustration, I was simply letting the person who commented above know that those features they mentioned were still possible
0 Likes