Original topic:

Android Auto app no longer works on my Galaxy S7

(Topic created: a month ago)
Lennyy777
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello I am currently still using my Galaxy S7 and I used to be able to use the Android Auto app to connect to my car's screen but in more recent times, it hasn't been working...even the app just completely disappeared from my phone. When I go on Google Play, it tells me I have it installed but it's no where to be found. Any suggestions to fix this???

9 Replies
justmeagain79
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Gob to your settings menu, scroll down to apps, it should be there. You can't uninstall android auto. It's a system app I believe.
0 Likes
Lennyy777
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
yeah it's there on settings but its not popping up on my front home screen apps
Options
Galaxy S Phones
A galaxy s7 isn't updateable any more. Its really time for an upgrade
0 Likes
Lennyy777
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I got a new S21FE last year but I got locked out of it...Been trying to fix that issue too without losing data.
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Unfortunately there is absolutely 100% no way your not factory resetting that s21 fe, sorry to tell you.
0 Likes
Lennyy777
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yeah it's too bad I didn't register it on Samsung while I was using it. Sucks they took off remote unlock back in December too smh.
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Iit was for security reasons, hackers found a way to use it without access to your samsung account. (Or so the rumor goes) I've heard that (at some point) they may add it back
justmeagain79
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
My android auto app is always in the background. Let me poke around for you.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Why are you hijacking this thread instead of opening a new one relevant to your issue?
0 Likes